Monday, June 15, 2009

We finally got out!!

Oh what a LONG day! Barbara and I got to the hospital at 7:30 this morning. The neonatologists told us we'd be able to leave as soon as Shelby had her hip ultrasound. This happened at 11:45 and then Barbara and Shelby and I waited and waited and waited all day long to be discharged. Finally, at 6:45 pm, they let us go home. Shelby is finally out of the hospital!!! We're spending tonight in the apartment to tie up some loose ends, and driving back to Asheville first thing tomorrow morning. I have not slept in my own bed since June 4th, and I am ready to collapse into it as soon as I get home.

My friend, Brooke is at a teaching conference in Raleigh this week and she stopped by the hospital this evening to entertain me while we waited. She snapped some pictures of us as we prepared to get on the elevator. Please ignore how disheveled I look and take note of how happy I am to be leaving and taking my baby home!!

Here is Brooke.... In a couple months, Shelby will be hanging out with that baby in her belly.

The last thing I want to do is brag on Shelby a little bit. When we got back to the apartment this evening, Barbara was holding Shelby and she started holding her head up for a couple seconds at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment