Friday, May 4, 2012

the good and the bad

Long time, no blog post....and I've missed this little blog. I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things with regular Kinnaird family updates this May. We have been extra busy around here, and not all of it has been the "life is good" kind of busy. Sometimes our situation of two parents working full-time and raising two kids (one with an absurd amount of medical and therapy appointments) can be overwhelming or exhausting (or both). I try to be pretty positive and have gotten good at taking one day at a time, but I am also human. I don't blog much when times are tough, because everything I write just sounds whiny to me. But in the meantime, I've missed documenting life. And I figure that anyone who takes the time to visit our little spot on the internet doesn't mind me being real and human and yes, a bit whiny about our day-to-day struggles. I'm going to spend the weekend catching up on happenings I've failed to document over the past couple months (there will be no rhyme or reason to the order of catch-up posts), but in the meantime....some things that are putting a smile on my face these days:


Like the fact that Shelby is once again allowing me to fix her hair....bows and pigtails make this mama incredibly happy!


Or Harding teaching his cousin Riley all about Spiderman. Did I mention that Riley (along with my sister and Grant and soon-to-be-born nephew Gardner) will be moving here in June? Happy happy!


We're starting to seriously think about what kind of house we will build out at our land in a couple years, and we're working with an architect who happens to be a friend. It is so exciting to dream and plan for the future.
And there is a light at the end of our busy tunnel, summer is just around the corner! We really need a vacation....

No comments:

Post a Comment