Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sisters, Cousins, Friends and Babies

I only have three more weeks till I go back to my teaching job, and I intend to make the most of that time. In that spirit, Shelby and I left the boys to their own devices and headed down to Atlanta for a relaxing weekend with my sister and cousin Kate. Grant did a great job cooking for all of the visiting women and putting up with us in general. It was really nice to be able to catch up with Kate who is pregnant (yipee!). Hopefully the extended time with the babies didn't scare her too much. I also enjoyed getting some time with my sweet niece Riley who seems to be growing and changing by the day.





My friend Melanie came up for brunch on Saturday morning with 1-year-old Henry and it was wonderful. We hadn't seen each other since February, and that is way too long. We got to hang out and hold each other's babies over coffee and really good food. Below is a picture of Henry and Shelby in the midst of their second fight. They both wanted the toy and were too intent on getting it to cooperate with the camera. The first fight occurred when they were only about a month old and Shelby smacked him in the face. Let's hope their arguments aren't going to be a tradition, because I'd like to see a lot more of Henry and his parents.



Saturday night, Grant watched Shelby and Riley (thank you to my awesome bro-in-law) while Chris, Kate and I met our other cousin Courtenay for dinner and margaritas at Nuevo Laredo. We were probably not as funny as we thought we were, but I don't think I have ever laughed so much in my life.




Sending love and thanks to Chris, Kate, Melanie and Courtenay for making my weekend great!

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it feel great just to get away every once in a while?

    ReplyDelete