Saturday, September 25, 2010

Half Marathon, check!

Chris and I have been training for the Asheville Citizen-Times Half Marathon since the beginning of August and the race was last Saturday. Do you know how hilly Asheville is? The 13 mile course seemed to highlight many of those hills, but I was prepared for everything but mile 9, which was entirely uphill. I was able to hang with my sister up until this point and finished the race in 2 hours, 9 minutes (which I think is a pretty respectable time). I have always wanted to run a half marathon and am happy to be able to cross it off of my life to-do list. I'm even thinking about making this race an annual event.

People keep asking me, "What's next?" I had originally hoped to do something a little more physically challenging for my 30th year, but honestly, I've got a lot going on right now and it was hard to find time to get my training runs in for a half marathon. So I'm thinking I might try to do a triathlon to celebrate my 35th or 40th birthday.....we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. High Five!! And yes, Asheville is hilly but I'm sure it was a scenic run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed! You continue to be an inspiration in so many areas. Did you know that?? :)

    ReplyDelete