Saturday, January 23, 2010

Shelby had her first visible seizure yesterday. She became very still and her eyes rolled way back so that her pupils were barely visible, but luckily she didn't go into any convulsions. I'm not sure how long it lasted, long enough for me to register what was happening, turn to my grandmother and ask her if she saw it, and then turn back. Afterwards, she seemed sleepy, but fine. I called Dr. Poplawski's office and they are having us come in Monday morning to do blood work so that we can check the Keppra levels in her body. Part of the reason Dr. Poplawski had put her on seizure medication was because he thought that she was likely to have one, so we weren't especially surprised, but I still hate that it happened. Anyway, we're supposed to keep a log of this and any other "episodes" that occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment